This recipe for Southern Cheesy Crab Dip was inspired by country music artist Brett Stafford Smith. When Brett mentioned his love for crab, I knew we had to go big on flavor. We hit the jackpot! The combination of the roasted peppers and cheeses created a fantastic contrast to the delicate crab. Throw in some grilled sliced bread and the party is going to start! This Southern Cheesy Crab dip recipe is an instant hit!
While your dip is in the oven, check out our full interview with country music artist Brett Stafford Smith by clicking here!
Southern Cheesy Crab Dip
- cast iron pan
- paddle attachment
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded smoked gouda cheese
- 1/2 tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- 1 red bell pepper roasted and diced
- 1 poblano roasted and diced
- 1/2 cup onions finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 16 ounce crab meat
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- pan spray
- Lightly coat the peppers in pan spray. Season them with salt and pepper. Roast them in your oven under the broiler or on a hot grill. Once the skin is black and has wrinkles remove and let cool. Lastly, remove the skin, seeds and stems, and dice.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Using a mixer with a paddle attachment bring together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, bell pepper, poblano pepper, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup gouda cheese, Old Bay Seasoning, cayenne pepper, onion, garlic, and Worcestershire Sauce until smooth. Stir in crab meat and ½ of the green onions.
- Spoon into a cast iron pan and top with the remaining cheddar and gouda.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the dish is bubbly with an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Serve with grilled bread.