We created this dish for our interview with country music artist JessLee. She is big on Italian food. We created an elegant feel to a very easy carbonara. You can also dress it up with some sun-dried tomatoes for some sweetness. This Pancetta Asparagus Carbonara will be an easy and delicious way to impress all around the dinner table. Check out our interview with the beautiful JessLee by clicking here. While you are jamming out to “Hurricane” cook up some Pancetta Asparagus Carbnara.
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 pound ziti
- 1 bunch asparagus cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 slices pancetta coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 shallot diced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- Salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs and cheese. In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until al dente, adding the asparagus during the last minute of cooking. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water. Add the hot pasta and asparagus to egg mixture; toss to coat.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook until crisp, stir in the garlic and shallots. Add the wine and cook until slightly reduced. Stir the pancetta mixture into the pasta, adding enough of the reserved pasta water to coat the pasta. season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.