These cookies originated from Mary Ann Thomas, but my family has been making these before I can remember a time without them. They just are the perfect cookie for me. They are crunchy, bite size, and the nuts add a savory note. These are my families Christmas cookies year after year. However, I think it is about time we made a habit of making them year round.
Okeechobee Snowball Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups powder sugar for coating
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream the butter. vanilla and sugar. While the mixer is still running gradually add the flour.
- Once the dough as formed add the pecans.
- Using roll into small balls. I little over a tablespoon of dough and lay on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and add to the powdered sugar and give a light toss. Repeat this process again when they are cool. Serve!