Chinese takeout has alway been popular. It is also easy and better to make at home. These Shrimp Egg Rolls with Sweet Heat Duck sauce are our take on classic takeout egg rolls. Once you try these takeout will never be the same.
Shrimp Egg Rolls with Sweet Heat Duck Sauce
- deep sided pot
- small saucepan
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger finely chopped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 ½ tbsp sriracha
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp water
- 1 cup apricot preserve
- ½ lb tri color coleslaw mix
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper finely sliced
- 1/2 cup onion finely sliced
- 1 ½ tbsp ginger finely diced
- 1 tbsp garlic finely diced
- 2 tsp pepper
- 6 oz chopped shrimp
- ¼ soy sauce
- 1 package egg roll wrappers
- 1 egg beaten
- vegetable oil
- In your small saucepan bring the oil to medium heat. Add the garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low and let simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place wok over medium high heat. Add the oil, garlic and ginger. When fragrant add all of the vegetables.
- Cook for 2 minutes. Make sure to toss frequently so that the vegetables are evenly cooked.
- Add the soy sauce that then the shrimp. Toss a few times and shrimp should be nice and pink, not clear. Remove from heat.
- Fill the deep sided pot with oil to 3 inches in depth. Bring the oil to 350°
- Pull 10 egg roll wrappers.
- Place one egg roll wrapper in front of you so that it looks like a diamond. Add 2 tablespoons of filling to the center.
- Fold the bottom point ⅔ the way up.
- Fold in the sides
- brush the top with egg. Then continue to roll keeping it as tight as possible. Set aside.
- Repeat this with the remaining wrappers.
- Fry the egg rolls for 3-5 minutes turning occasionally. They should be a nice golden brown on all sides. Placed the cooked egg rolls on a plate lined with paper towels.