We created this recipe for our interview with country music artist Ashley Taylor. She recently released a new album and and one of her songs is “Cake”. We could not resist but to use that as our inspiration for this recipe. Individual cakes are so fun to do and there are so many combinations. Try this Elegant Chocolate Raspberry Mousse Cake recipe and check out our interview with Ashley by clicking here.
Elegant Chocolate Raspberry Mousse Cake
- 1 box Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 1 pint fresh raspberrries
- Chocolate Mousse see notes
- 2 cake molds see top
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsps sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- fresh mint
- Prepare the chocolate mousse. (the link to our mousse recipe is in the note)
- Combine the cream, sugar and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Using the whisk on a stand or hand mixer whisk the cream until firm peaks form. Place in the fridge and covered and let chill.
- For the cake mix follow the cupcake directions. Spray the molds with oil. Then fill each mold 3/4 of the way full. Use the cupcake baking time on the cake box.
- Let the cakes cool for 10 minutes. Using a small knife or cake spatula circle the outside of each cake. Remove the excess cake on the top with a knife using the mold as a guide. Flip the mold over and pat the bottom of each mold until the cake releases.
- Using a pastry bag fill each cake cup 3/4 of the way with mousse. Top with 3 fresh raspberries stem side down. Garnish with the whipped cream and fresh mint.