This recipe was created for our interview with country music artist Bailey James. She asked for mac and cheese. The dish is pretty basic. Yet, there are a few things you can do to dress it up. We did this that by adding 3 cheeses including sharp cheddar, monterey and smoked gouda. This 3 combined made a Super Cheesy Mac and Cheese. The sharp cheddar brought the bite. The monterey added balance and the smoked gouda finished it with a subtle elegant smokiness. Give this recipe for Super Cheesy Mac and Cheese a try. Also check out our interview with country music artist Bailey James by clicking here.
Super Cheesy Mac and Cheese
- pasta pot
- 13x9 baking dish
- 1 lb elbow pasta
- ⅓ cup butter
- ⅓ cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 4 cups half and half
- 3 cups extra sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 cups monterey cheese shredded
- 1 cup smoked gouda shredded
- Combine the cheeses and remove 1 1/2 cups of the cheese mixture for the topping.
- Follow the al dente package directions for your pasta. When cooked, your pasta should have a small white line in the center. To check just bite the pasta in half.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat melt the butter. Once the butter is melted add the flour salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Using a whisk, whisk the mixture off and on until it is cream in color and has a slight almond smell.
- Whisk at a brisk pace while adding the half and half. Add all the cheese except the 1 1/2 cups you reserved for the topping. Blend until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Combine the cheese sauce with the past and pour that into your baking dish. Sprinkle the remainder of the cheese on top.
- Bake for around 25 minutes. The top should be golden and bubbly.
Shop Amazon Warehouse Deals – Deep Discounts on Open-box and Used Kitchen Gadgets