Southern Fellow’s Must Have Knives
Our recipe for Elegant Stuffed Pork Loin
We created this recipe for songbird Bonner Black. Not only is this a delicious recipe, it is a great way to impress guest with your culinary know how. If you read through the recipe a few times before you start you will find this recipe is not a difficult as when you first lay your eyes on it. It combine sweetness from the apples, richness from the loin, and tanginess from the mustard. After your guest are finished with this elegant entree you can feed their sweet tooth with our Strawberry Shortcake, Filled Lemon Cake, or Our Best Brownies! Check out our interview with Bonner Black by clicking here.
Elegant Stuffed Pork Loin
- 1/2 cup mustard
- 2 tbsp cognac
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground clove
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp ground pepper
- 3-4 lb Pork Loin
- 2 cups french bread 1/2 cubes toasted
- 1/2 lb ground sausage We use Jimmy Dean regular
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 1 cup onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- In a small bowl combine all ingredients and reserve.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Bring a medium fry pan to medium heat. Brown the sausage for around 3-5 minutes and reserve leaving the grease in the pan.
- Add the celery, onions, apples, garlic, salt and pepper. Saute for about 2 minutes until onions become clear.
- Toss in bread cubes and chicken stock. Saute until chicken stock is combined.
- Butterfly pork loin and pound out evenly using a meat tenderizer. It should be about 1/2" thick. You can find a video instruction here.
- Spread the stuffing evenly across the top of the loin.
- Starting from a long side roll the pork loin like a blanket.
- Using butcher string or any cotton string, tie up the pork loin. You can find an instructional video here.
- Place the stuffed pork on a roasting pan.
- Coat the the loin generously with the glaze.
- Place in the oven and cook for around 1 hour and 25 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 150 degrees. Let rest for 15 minutes.
- Remove string and create slices for service.