There is something about the richness of alfredo sauce the comforts the soul. This recipe brings that same comfort food to your kitchen. Working as a chef I find that the simplest recipes are normally the best. This is what I set to achieve with this alfredo sauce. This is a recipe a beginner can prepare and get professional results. It is also very versatile. You can add chicken, seafood, beef or pork to enhance the dish. We enjoy grilled shrimp or chicken. Try this for your next family dinner.
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 6 oz freshly grated parmesan
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 pinch freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 lbs fettuccine pasta
- In a medium sauce pot, under medium heat, add the butter.
- When the butter is melted add the flour using a whisk to combine.
- Whisk about every 30 seconds for 2 minutes. The roux should smell and have the color of toasted almonds.
- While whisking constantly add the cream a little at a time until combined.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients except for the pasta.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer and then reduce the stove to low.
- Follow instructions on the box of your pasta.
- Combine the sauce with the cooked pasta.