Blueberry muffins are one of those morning comfort food that are perfect in just about every way. They are loved by most everyone, portable and filling. There is something about the pairing the richness of the muffin and a sweet crumbly topping that dances on our palate. This recipe combines the best of both worlds.
The best thing about our recipe is that you are not limited to blueberries. You can create your own berry or fruit combination to and have unlimited possibilities. You want orange cranberry muffins add orange zest and replace the blueberries with dried cranberries. It really is that simple. Her at Southern Fellow we encourage you to come up with as many combinations as you possibly can. Get the whole family involved. Try this recipe and create more of your own recipes!
Berry Delicious Blueberry Muffins
- 1 1/2 cup flour sifted
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cold real butter cubed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg freshly grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a bowl combine all dry ingredients. Using a whisk to combine.
- In a second bowl combine all the wet ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Add blueberries and combine.
- In a muffin pan, line each hole with muffin papers.
- Add about 1/4 cup of your mixture to every cup.
- In a bowl combine all ingredients for the topping.
- Using a fork or pastry knife, cut the butter into the mixture until you have the butter fully combined. It should look like small peas.
- Distribute the topping an all your muffins.
- Bake muffins for 19-23 minutes.