These are a winner in our family. Soft on the inside and crisp on the outside. These were inspired by a cookie Publix used to make. They would mix all the leftover cookie dough together and make a cookies that had pretty much everything you could possibly want. Make these for your family and friends. They will sure thank you for it.
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 butter at room temperature.
- 1/2 Crisco
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup sifted all purpose flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup coconut
- In a mixer cream the butter, Crisco, sugar, vanilla and egg.
- In a separate bowl, use a whisk and blend the the flour, soda and salt.
- Add your dry ingredients to the mixer bowl on low speed.
- Once combined add the oatmeal, chips, coconut.
- place your bowl in the refrigerator.
- Heat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a scoop that holds around 2 tablespoons.
- Space about 3 inches apart.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes depending on your oven.