Classic Chicken Salad
- 2 carrots
- 3 celery stalks
- 2 lbs chicken or turkey
- 1/2 medium onion
- 3/4 cup sweet relish drained
- 1 1/4 cup heavy mayo
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp pepper
- extra salt and pepper for roasting the chicken
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place 2 lbs of bone in, skin on chicken in a foil lined sheet pan.
- Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and cook for about 25 minutes
- Make sure the internal temperature is 165 degrees.
- Remove from the over and let cool.
- While the chicken is cooling, dice the carrots, celery, and onions in small dices about 1/4 inch.
- Discard the skin from the chicken and remove the meat from the bone. Dice the chicken in medium dices about 1/2 of an inch.
- In a bowl fold all ingredients until combined.
- Place in a refrigerator and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Discard leftovers after 3 days.