- 10 large basil leaves
- 2 vine ripe deep red tomatoes
- 10 slices of 1/2" inch thick fresh mozzarella
- 1 cup good balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Cracked black pepper
- Pour vinegar in a small pot over medium-high heat.
- Reduce until about half or when the vinegar coats a metal spoon.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Slice your tomatoes into 10 slices.
- Arrange the basil, tomatoes, and mozzarella in a decorative fashion.
- Drizzle the vinegar and oil over the salad.
- Finish with fresh ground black pepper.