Southern Fellow Tomato Sauce
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 2 stalks celery
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 tbsp basil dried
- 1 tbsp oregano dried
- 1 tsp thyme dried
- 3 28oz cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley chopped
- Combine the onion, celery and garlic into a food processor.
- Pulse until it is very finely chopped.
- in a large pot add the olive oil and place under medium heat.
- Add your chopped vegetables and bay leaves.
- Cook until the onions are clear and fragrant about 3 minutes.
- Add all ingredients except the parsley. Reduce to low and simmer for 1 hour.
- Finish with the fresh parsley.