This is another great recipe for our new series Feed the Band. This is a fun flavorful recipe we did for Brinley Addington. These Bacon Jam Sliders combines the freshness from the arugula, the rich ground chuck and the sweetness of the bacon jam in a delicious package. This recipe will be on top of your charts, just as fast as Brinley’s new single “No Thanks”. Try this recipe at your next BBQ. If you do, you will be the next big hit. check out our interview with Brinley Addington by clicking here.
Bacon Jam Sliders
Basil Aioli (see notes)
- 1 lb sliced bacon sliced 1 inch pieces
- 1 large yellow onion sliced
- 2 garlic cloves diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp bourbon
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tbsp our rub see notes
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 8 your favorite dinner rolls
- 8 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 10 0z arugula
- in a medium heavy bottomed pot under medium heat add the bacon. Brown the bacon, remove and place on paper towels to remove excess grease.
- remove all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon grease
- Add the onions, garlic and bay leaves.
- Caramelize the onions.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients and the cooked bacon.
- Reduce heat to low and let simmer uncovered for 3 hours. The jam should be thickened and sticky.
- Remove from heat.
- start the charcoal for your grill.
- In a large bowl combine the ground chuck, soy sauce, salt, pepper, paprika and garlic. It is best to mix with clean hands or gloves.
- Form the chuck into 4 oz patties.
- Place the patties on the hot grill and cook around 7 minutes on each side until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. Add the cheese on the patties and let melt.
- Slice the dinner rolls in half. Spread the aioli on each half of the role.
- Add some arugula to the bottom of each roll. Next add the burger and last the bacon jam. Finally restore all the tops to the rolls.