Our inspiration for the delicious Summer Grill Chicken Pasta Salad came from country music artist Molly Lovette. Chicken and Pasta are two of her favorite foods. We put them together and created a pasta salad that is light and flavorful and is a meal all on its own. This recipe is going to be a summertime hit! While you are waiting on that chicken to marinate, check out our full interview with Molly by clicking here!
Summer Grilled Chicken Pasta Salad
- food processor or blender
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp basil chopped
- 2 tbsp chive chopped
- 3 tbsp parsley chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 lb pasta
- 6 slices cooked bacon chopped
- 2 cups spinach
- ½ cop red onion thinly sliced
- 2 cups grapes tomatoes cut in half
- 1 cup feta crumbled
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breast
- In a food processor or blender combine all the ingredients except the olive oil. Pulse a couple of times. Next, turn on the food processor and drizzle the olive oil until there is no more left.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the box directions for al dente. After the pasta is cooked, strain and rinse it. Place in the fridge to let cool.
- In a bowl or pan place the chicken breast. Coat the chicken with a cup of the dressing making sure it coats all sides. Cover the container and place it in the fridge. Let the chicken marinate for 2 hours.
- Preheat grill.
- Once the 2 hours are up, grill the chicken to an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes. After that, thinly slice the chicken.
- In a large bowl toss all of the ingredients and a cup of the dressing. Place in the fridge and let cool for 30 minutes. After that time, if you feel it needs more dressing add a little at a time until you get the results you want.