Steakhouse Mashed Potatoes
- 2 1/2 lbs grade A red potatoes
- 2 tbsp roasted garlic puree
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh diced chives
- Cut red potatoes to a 1/2 inch dice and place in a medium sauce pot.
- Add enough water to cover the potatoes.
- Place on stove and bring to a boil
- Cook for about 20 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Using a strainer, strain potatoes and return them back to the pot.
- Add the other ingredients.
- Using a potato masher or hand mixer, blend potatoes to desired texture.