This Smoked Brisket and Beer Queso was a fun recipe to throw together. It is savory, smokey, cheesy and has a kick. It was inspired by country music artist Tara Thompson. We took a few of her favorite things and put them together in one amazing appetizer. Try this recipe for Smoked Brisket and Beer Queso. After you eat check out our full interview wit Tara by clicking here.
Smoked Brisket and Beer Queso
- heavy bottomed medium saucepan
- Cutting Board
- 1 cup pulled brisket warmed
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 lb Velveeta Cheese cubed
- ½ cup dark beer
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 poblano peppers
- 1 cup diced tomatoes seeds removed
- 1 chipotle pepper in Adobo Diced
- 2-3 tablespoons of adobo sauce
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Coat the poblanos with olive oil. Season them with a little salt and pepper. In your oven under an oven broiler or on a very hot grill roast the poblanos. The skin should be completely black when finished. Remove from heat and let cool. Remove the skin, stim and seeds. Give the peppers a fine dice.
- In a medium heavy bottomed pot over medium heat add the butter. Once melted at the onions (2-3 minutes). Cook until they are translucent and then add the beer. When the beer comes to the simmer add the cream and cheese stirring every couple of minutes.
- The cheese sauce will come together in 5-8 minutes. Once that is complete bring the stovetop to a low setting and add everything but the adobo sauce.
- Place the queso in a serving dish. Toss the brisket in the adobo sauce place the brisket on top of the queso.
This Post Has 2 Comments
Pingback: "My Dogs Are Home" New Single from Tara Thompson - Southern Fellow
Best view i have ever seen !