This was a fun recipe we created for an interview we did with Shari Rowe on Feed the Band. Her being from Arizona, combined with her new hit single “Beach Town” led us to developing this recipe. This is a great one for parties because you can do 3/4 of it before and then finish it on the grill when your guest arrive. This has alway been a party favorite around the ranch. I know it will be a hit at your next get together. Check out our interview with Shari Rowe by clicking here.
Beach Town Shrimp and Mango Quesadillas
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 2 mangos
- 8 oz goat cheese room temp
- 1 large red onion sliced in 1/2 slices
- 2 red bell peppers seeded and split in half
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp Our Rub see notes
- 1 lime
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 24 jumbo shrimp peeled deveined and tales removed
- preheat your grill.
- Cut down on each side of the mango to remove seed pod. Then score each half in a diamond pattern with a knife making sure to to go through the skin. Push out on the center part of the skin. The mango should resemble a porcupine.
- Skewer the shimp. It will make it easier to grill.
- place shrimp, peppers, mango and onion on a sheet pan. Cover everything on the pan with juice from the limes and then the olive oil.
- Season with the rub mix.
- Add ingredients to the heated grill. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side. The shrimp should be white and the vegetables should have nice grill marks.
- Remove from the grill. Scoop ot the flesh of the mango and chop the vegetables and shrimp.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of goat cheese to each tortilla and spread out evenly.
- spread out the rest of the ingredients to 1/2 of each tortilla and fold over the other half.
- Spray each each folded tortilla with pan spray.
- Add them to the grill with the sprayed side down and then spray the top.
- cook for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove from grill and cut each piece into 4 triangles. Serve with some extra goat cheese and your favorite salsa.