This is a delicious recipe that warms the soul. The combination of rich parmesan, and the freshness of the thyme create a well balanced pairing. It is the perfect accompaniment to roasted meats. This can be prepared a little ahead to make time for conversation with guest. Try it with our favorite meatloaf.
Parmesan and Thyme Mashed Potatoes
- 6 cups red potatoes diced about 4 lbs
- 1 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 3 cloves garlic roasted
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp fresh thyme removed from stems
- In a medium pot fill with potatoes and cover with water. The water should be about an inch over the potatoes.
- Place on a stove under medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Cook until potatoes are tender about 15-18 minutes.
- Drain in a colander and return potatoes back to the pot.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients.
- Using a potato masher or hand mixer, fluff the potatoes until smooth,