This is one of those recipes that can be used in so many ways. It can be used as a sauce for pasta, pizza, wings or a dip for bread. It can also be a seasoning for meats. The truly best part is it can be frozen for up to 4 months. While frozen it still maintains its great color and flavor. The best way is to use an ice tray. After frozen in the tray you can store them in a freezer bag and use as little or as much as you need. My all time favorite use is in pasta. I boil a pound of pasta, strain it place the pot back on the stove, add 1/2 cup of heavy cream and let that heat up to just a simmer. I then add the pasta back to the pot and then 3 cubes of pesta. Toss everything together and it is a quick and easy pasta dish. Serve with your favorite protein and some veggies for a complete meal. This is a great all around recipe. Pesto makes everything taste better.
- 1 cup parmesan finely chopped
- 1/4 cup pecans finely chopped
- 4 cups fresh basil leaves packed
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil good quality Italian
- Using a food processor chop the parmesan and pecans and reserve.
- Add the basil leaves and return the parmesan and pecans.
- Turn on the food processor and while it is running, drizzle the olive oil,
- Use in 2 days or freeze.