This recipe for Cheesy Spinach and Artichoke Dip almost did not happen. I’m not going to lie. I have made hundreds of spinach dips as a chef, but I have never been a big fan. So when country artist Laine Lonero chose it as her recipe for Feed the Band, I decided I would make something I would like as well. I found out the secret, and now I want to share it with you.
The secret is cheese! The more, the better. This Cheesy Spinach and Artichoke Dip is loaded with it. Four different kinds of cheese, to be exact. That melted cheesy goodness combined with spinach, marinated artichokes, spicy tabasco sauce, and salty corn chips makes me want to sing! That said, for your sake, I’m going to refrain and leave that part to Laine.
This recipe will be a hit at any party and don’t be scared to switch things up. For example, try different cheeses or replace the corn chips with grilled bread. There are so many ways you can be creative with this recipe. Speaking of creative people, I highly recommend you read our full interview with country artist Laine Lonero. Feel free to reach out to her as well. Laine would love to hear about your story.
Cheesy Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- cast iron pan
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 cup grated Gouda cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz chopped thawed frozen drained spinach
- 4 oz chopped marinated artichoke hearts
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions from 3 scallions
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves finely chopped garlic
- ¼ cup drained pimentos
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 shakes of tabasco sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Blue tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a bowl combine all ingredients, except for the parmesan. Spoon into a 1-quart cast iron pan; sprinkle the top evenly with Parmesan. Bake in preheated oven until lightly browned and bubbly, about 25 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips.