Our recipe for Zesty Taco Shrimp Bites
Ever wanted to know how magical it would be if you could fit every flavor of a taco in one bite? We did and we figured it out with this amazing appetizer recipe inspired by country music artist Carolyn Miller. This recipe for Zesty Taco Shrimp Bites with be a huge party hit and can be assembled when you get there. While you are devouring these things, check out our interview with Carolyn Miller by clicking here.
Zesty Taco Shrimp Bites
- Cutting Board
- 2 medium ziplock bags
- 1 bag Tostitos Scoops
- 2 red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- guacamole see notes
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 30 shrimp medium cleaned
- 3 tbsp Southern Fellow Rub see notes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat your grill to about 400 degrees.
- Make sure your shrimp is peeled, deveined and the the tails are removed.
- Place the shrimp on the skewers.
- Oil both sides with some olive oil. After that generously season the shrimp with our Southern Fellow rub.
- Coat both bell peppers with olive oil and generously season with salt and pepper.
- Grill Time
- Place the bell peppers on the grill. The key is to get most of the outside you can black. Blackened the first to sides. This will take about 5 minutes. Add the shrimp to the grill and cook for 2-3 on each side while you finish blackening the bell pepper. The shrimp should be completely white on the inside. Remove everything from the grill. Place the shrimp in the fridge and let the bell peppers cool until they can easy be handled.
- Remove the skin, stem and seeds from the bell peppers. Using a knife give them a fine dice.
- Remove the leaves from the cilantro. Place the guacamole and sour cream in a separate ziplock bag. Cut a small hole in each bag at the corner.
- Fill each Tostitos Scoop with half way with the guacamole using the ziplock bag as a piping bag. Next place a leaf of cilantro towards the edge of each shell. Place the shrimp on top of the cilantro leaf. Using a spoon place about 1/4 of a teaspoon of the diced red pepper on each shell. Last finish by piping th sour cream on.
- Plate on a festive platter and enjoy!