Country music artist Sabrina Ponte has many great things going for her. Yet, I think she has some competition with this Sweet Potato Jumble she inspired. It is loaded with flavors and textures galore. This Sweet Potato Jumble is sweet, salty, tangy, crunchy, rich, and delicious! This is a side dish that you are going to want to eat as an entree. This takes 40 minutes to bake in the oven. You will have plenty of time to read our full interview with Sabrina Ponte!
This is just a side dish. Complete your meal by trying our many other tasty recipes!
Sweet Potato Jumble
- baking sheet
- Chef Knife
- Cutting Board
- mixing bowl
- 2 1/2 pounds large sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1-in. cubes
- 1 medium butternut squash 2 pounds, peeled and cut into 1-in. cubes
- 6 slices bacon cooked and coarsely diced
- 3 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 cup chopped pecans toasted
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 425º.
- In a large bowl, combine squash, potatoes, bacon drippings, salt, thyme, and pepper; transfer to a greased medium-sized sheet pan.
- Roast until tender, 40-45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, place the mixture in a serving dish. Sprinkle with cheese, pecans, cranberries, chopped bacon pieces, and parsley.