This is a great recipe for fall because you can make it and enjoy it and enjoy it well into the new year. My family pretty much makes gallons every year. When our interview with Sabrina Lentini came up it paired with some of her favorite foods and also her new hit single “Call Yourself a Man”. There was some fun lyrics that played well with this recipe. This recipe takes a little time to cook, but it is so easy to do. It also make enough so you can enjoy it for a long time. If you want to check out our interview with Sabrina Lentini you can do so by clicking here.
Southern Pear or Apple Butter
- 14 cups Apple or Pear Sauce
- 2 1/2 lbs brown sugar
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup crushed pineapple
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add all ingredients to a deep large roasting pan and combine.
- Bake for 3 hours stirring every 20 minutes.
- You will need 15 12oz jars with lids and bands. Follow the simple water bath canning instructions on Ball's website. https://www.freshpreserving.com/waterbath-canning.html