Here in the south as far as salad dressings go ranch reigns supreme. Most likely it can be found in a jar or jug on your supermarket shelf. However, if you have never had it from scratch you are missing out. The recipe is so easy to make anyone can do it. Not only is the preparation easy, but the flavor is so much better than any store brand. Also if you already have an herb garden, making this ranch from scratch can be cheaper than the store. It also makes an impressive dip as well. Once you try this recipe it will be a mainstay in your home.
Southern Farmhouse Ranch Dressing
- 2 cups heavy mayo
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tsp fresh chives diced
- 2 tsp fresh basil diced
- 2 cloves fresh garlic diced
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme stemmed
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley diced
- 1/2 tsp black pepper fresh ground
- In a medium sized food container combine all ingredients.