Often times browsing through the pet isle at your local market you find all sort of dog treats. One half you can’t read the ingredients and the other half do not even look like the ingredients that are in them. So I decided to give making homemade dog treats a shot. I did some research and found out that they were pretty dang easy to make. This recipe seems long, but most of the time is in the baking. So with a few simple ingredients and a little time you can make these simple dog treats. However, do not take make my word for it, just look at Luc my dog.
Pumpkin Cookie Dog Treats
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and combine starting with a mixer and then with you hands. The dough should be pretty stiff.
- On a floured surface roll dough out to 1/2 inch in thickness.
- Using a small cookie cutter around an 1" to 1 1/2 " cut cookies and place on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. You can split the dough before you roll it to make it easier to manage.
- Bake for 40 minutes. The cookies should be firm. Let cool and then place in an airtight container.