This recipe was created for country music artist Amanda Cooksey. We combined her three favorite things chocolate, caramel and cookies. These are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. They are sweet, slightly salty and the nuts add a savory note. They are perfect for all the cookie lovers in your family. Try these Perfect Chocolate Caramel Cookies. Check out our interview with Amanda Cooksey by clicking here.
Perfect Chocolate Caramel Cookies
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 butter at room temperature.
- 1/2 Crisco
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup sifted all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup caramel morsels
- In a mixer cream the butter, Crisco, sugar, vanilla and egg.
- In a separate bowl, use a whisk and blend the the flour, soda and salt.
- Add your dry ingredients to the mixer bowl on low speed.
- Once combined add the nuts, chocolate chips, and caramel morsels.
- place your bowl in the refrigerator
- Heat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a scoop that holds around 2 tablespoons.
- Space about 3 inches apart.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes depending on your oven.