- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 ripe mangos
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp spiced rum
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dice the onion, jalapeño, garlic and bell pepper.
- For the mangos remove the pit by slicing down on each edge with a knife.
- Holding the mango with the flesh towards you, take a pairing knife and score the fruit in a diamond pattern. Getting as close to the skin as possible.
- Using a spoon scoop out the flesh. It will come out in pieces.
- Place everything in a bowl and toss lightly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let marinate for an hour in the fridge.