Kale Mac and Cheese is the second recipe we developed for Thunder and Rain as part of our new series Feed the Band. This delicious recipe combines italian ingredients into a fun spin on an American classic. This is perfect for the summer and pairs well with our Pork Po-boy wich you can find here. Turn up the music, invite some friends and prepare some fantastic food. This will definitely be a crowd pleaser. Check out our interview with Thunder and Rain and sign up to win an autographed copy of their album. Stay tuned for more bands coming to Feed the Band.
Kale Mac and Cheese
- 4 cups kale chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes sliced
- 8 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup parmesan shredded
- 3/4 cup italian dressing
- 20 oz cheese tortellini
- Fill a large pot with salted water and bring to a boil.
- Cook the tortellini for 8 minutes, drain a cool completely
- combine all ingredients and chill for an hour.