This recipe was created for our interview we did with country music artist J. R. Moore. He is out of Memphis, so we had to do something with BBQ. I decided to spin it a little with some Florida flare. This sauce is sweet, savory and with just enough heat. It’s pretty much good on everything. However, we love them with some smoked wings. Try this sauce at your next get together. It will turn you into a BBQ hero. Check out our interview with J. R. Moore by clicking here.
Guava BBQ Sauce
- 7 oz guava paste
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 strips bacon
- 1 cup diced onion
- 3 gloves garlic
- 1 diced red hot chili
- 1.5 cups Ketchup
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a small sauce pot dissolve the guava paste in the orange juice.
- In a medium pot under medium heat brown the bacon. About 3 minutes.
- Once bacon has browned remove and reserve.
- Add the onions, garlic, and chili pepper.
- Saute until the onions start to brown.
- Reduce to low and add remaining ingredients including the bacon.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes and remove from heat.
- Emulsify in a blender or food processor.
- Serve with your favorite BBQ.