This recipe for our Country Meatloaf was inspired by country music artist Bryan Frazier. Meatloaf is one of those things that remind you of home. Bryan grew up in the north Virginia hills surrounded by apple orchids. So we cranked up the smoker and added some apple wood pellets to add a little smokey sweetness. Don’t have a smoker? This recipe can easily be made in a regular ol’ oven. Give this recipe Country Meatloaf a try and check out our full interview with Bryan Frazier by clicking here.
- broiler pan rack
- Cutting Board
- 1 1/2 lbs ground chuck
- 1/2 lbs ground breakfast sausage
- 1 sleeve buttery crackers
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1 cup celery finely diced
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tsp garlic finely diced
- Using apple pellets preheat your pellet smoker to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients except the ketchup.
- Spray the rack with pan spray.
- Form a loaf with the meat mixture on the broiler pan rack
- Coat the loaf generously with ketchup.
- Place in your preheated smoker and cook for an hour and 20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.